Yesterday I was working on a change to move a shared folder from one drive to another. The original plan was fairly simple:dekor-okno
So, as you see, the plan is indeed simple enough. Anyhow, it did not worked. After successfully going through 1st and 2nd steps, the 3rd step failed. After changing drive letter in the registry, it automatically got reset to the previous one. Since the change window was limited, I had to go with the way I tried to avoid at first – unshare old folder, share a new one and reapply share permissions. It worked because it was a single share I was dealing with. If I would have like 50 shares, recreating each of them manually would take quite long. Therefore today, in my testing environment, I tried to find out why the original idea did not work.